Dead Space 2 is an upcoming survival horror third-person shooter video game developed by Visceral Games and published by Electronic Arts for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. It is the sequel to Dead Space. Dead Space 2 has a multiplayer mode. The PlayStation 3 version will include Dead Space: Extraction as a PlayStation Move compatible title. It is a direct sequel to Dead Space.
StoryEditDead Space 2 takes place three years after the events of Dead Space. Issac will arrive at a densely populated space station, dubbed the "sprawl". The "sprawl" is a civilian space station from the remains of Saturn's moon Titan, where the Necromorph outbreak begins. The game will begin in a hospital on board the Sprawl where players will witness the horror of the Necromorph infection as it begins in the station.
- The mental illness caused by the marker appears to be permanent and continues to have an effect on the protagonist Isaac Clarke, along with apparent PTSD from his experiences aboard the Ishimura.
- The Church of Unitology and the government will continue to have a large place in the storyline.
- It is stated that Isaac will be able to witness the panic that overtakes the station from the start, which will apparently result in the game having more Necromorphs as the game progresses.
It is scheduled for release on January 25, 2011 in the U.S.A and January 28, 2011 in Europe.
many new feature that dead space didn't have are
- Dead Space 2 will have an online multiplayer component.
- The Zero Gravity feature has been tweaked, this now allows the player to control the direction of their drifting through space and to fire their weapon at the same time.
- Isaac (the protagonist) will now speak in Dead Space 2,
- Isaac will also be able to display a greater range of emotion compares to the first game Dead Space